From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 2015 - 11:45:56 CDT

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM, John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> If Axel isn't able to answer your questions (he wrote signalproc),
> your best bet would be to read the signalproc code and determine
> if you can easily modify it to suit your needs yourself.

sorry for the late reaction. i had seen the post, but then got
distracted and then forgot about it.

some comments on this.

- i don't think the component spectra are actually additive in
general. if at all, then you'd have to use the unreweighted spectrum
(option "fourier").

- the choice of enforcing the normalization was done for two reasons:
1) to simplify comparing spectra produced from different input data
and with different resolution. 2) since we have no access to
transition moments, the absolute intensities are pretty meaningless
anyway.

- a straightforward approach would be to add an option (lets call it
"none") to it select outputting the unnormalized, unreweighted
spectrum.

this is easily done from source. i can probably produce updated plugin
binaries quickly for some selected platforms.

ana, what platform are you running on?

axel.