From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 2015 - 11:09:18 CDT

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:23 AM, John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> You didn't show what you did to run catdcd, so it's hard to say what went
> wrong. When asking questions about why scripts don't run, you need to provide
> all of the steps you performed. Nobody can guess what you might have done
> wrong if you don't show us what was done.

john,

i am fairly certain that this is due to the fact that you cannot
create atom selections when you don't have any coordinate frames
loaded. for example it would happen when you load a .psf file without
a .pdb or .coor or similar file.

perhaps it would help users if this special case (no frames at all in
this molecule) is caught and a specific and more informative error
message is returned.

cheers,
     axel.