From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 14 2015 - 10:56:12 CDT

Hi,
  You might be able to approximate the values you're after by using
the volmap occupancy or volmap density commands (or via the volmap
graphical plugin in the analysis portion of the extensions menu).
To compute the volumes you're after you'd likely sample your trajectory
computing the occupancy/density and choose some threshold isovalue
beyond which a region of the space is considered occupied, then count
up the voxels that exceed the threshold and you should have a rough
estimate. There are almost certainly more sophisticated techniques,
but that's a pretty easy one to try and you can directly visualize
the results of such calculations using the Isosurface representation.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/