From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 08 2015 - 13:25:02 CDT

Hi,
  Thanks for making us aware of the new VMD plugin. You didn't tell
the VMD users what the plugin is intended for. This link I found
while digging around on the github page seems to have further information,
although it doesn't have a lot of details either:
  http://nongnu.org/h5md/

Can you tell the VMD users what simulation packages support the new file
format and what the benefits of the file format are compared to their
traditional file formats?

I also suggest that this information be added prominently to the Github page
so that it's obvious to people why they would want to use the new file format
with VMD and/or their other molecular visualization, simulation, and analysis
tools.

Thanks,