From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 07 2015 - 05:57:58 CDT

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 6:23 AM, Vlad Cojocaru
<vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de> wrote:
> Dear VMD users and developers,
>
> I am trying to compile VMD 1.9.2 (the official release) from source and I
> get the error below while compiling the plugins. Apparently some plugins
> have a strict requirement for tcl8.5 and fail to compile because I only have
> tcl 8.6 on my system. Interestingly, I have compiled previously the version
> 1.9.2b1 on October 23 2014 on exactly the same system with no problems and I
> did not need to modify the Makefiles of any plugins to specifically search
> for tcl8.6. So, the problem must come from a new plugin or a modification
> done between October 23 and today.

i seriously doubt that. i think you did make a modification and forgot
about it or use a different command line. you build fails for the vtf
molfile plugin and that has been using the same Tcl library flags for
years. TCLLDFLAGS for plugins are defined in Make-arch in case you use
the build script and a predefined arch.
you can edit the file or use make directly with a suitable command
line as indicated by Make-arch and adapted for your needs.

axel.