From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2015 - 14:31:28 CST

Most movie formats display images at 24 or 30 frames per second.
To make a longer movie with VMD, you can either load a larger number
of frames from your simulation trajectory (that's what I'd do) and
use that for your movie, or, if that isn't possible, you can
duplicate each frame 10 times, and than you'll get something that
lasts for about 8 seconds.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/