From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2015 - 02:44:34 CST

Hey John,

the exact error message is:

ERROR) OptiXRenderer) ERROR: Unknown error (Details: Function "RTresult
_rtContextLaunch2D(RTcontext, unsigned int, RTsize, RTsize)" caught
exception: (bvhtools error)An unexpected memory allocation error occurred in
TrivialThrustAllocator, [21823538], [15270173]) (OptiXRenderer.C:1188

GPU is a Geforce GTX660 (propritary NVidia driver version: 343.22)

This error occurs for me doing the following steps:

1. open a fresh vmd
2. disable axis
3. enable ruler in scale mode
4. render using TachyonOptix (interactive or not)

Norman Geist.