From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2015 - 11:15:59 CST

Hi,
  If you delete the VMD startup script and the installation
directory, that should be all you would need to do. Generally,
the steps (unless you changed the defaults) would be (as root, or
a user with necessary file permissions):
  rm /usr/local/bin/vmd
  rm -rf /usr/local/lib/vmd

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/