From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 10:33:33 CST

Hi,
  I assume you're getting that crash from the VRPN server binary?
If so, have you made sure that you have the right VRPN config files
setup on the machine that you're attempting to run the VRPN server on?
Its good to know that the Phantom is working for your other projects, that
eliminates one source of potential problems. You might want to send a
query about this VRPN server startup crash to the VRPN mailing list and
see if they have suggestions for getting past this problem. It might end
up being something simple. Worst case you might have to compile the
VRPN server from source code, but hopefully you can just run one of the
binaries they produce.