From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2015 - 13:14:15 CST

Hi,
  The error message you're getting indicates that you have a
GPU that is too old to support OptiX. The error says you have
a GPU with compute capability 1.1, and OptiX needs a GPU with
compute capability 2.x or higher (e.g. "Fermi" GPUs).
I assume this machine has one of the old G80 or G92 GPUs
such as a GeForce 8800 or 9800 (or laptop versions thereof)?

Cheers,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/