From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 12:46:47 CST

Hi,
  Use the Mouse->Move->Rep mode, press and hold shift, and then click on
a representation set to the chain you want to rotate, and you should be
able to modify the atom coordinates (rather than just rotating the scene).
You can also use the atomselect 'move' subcommand to apply a transformation
to an atom selection. Once you've done all this, you can save out a new
coordinate file by selecting the molecule in the molecule browser of the main
VMD window, then use File->Save Coordinates to save a new coordinate or
trajectory file.