From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2014 - 17:57:40 CST

Hi Mahdi,

There are two options: if you use the GUI version of the h-bonds plugin,
ask for the more detailed files. This has the problem that they are not
resolved in time, and that is probably what you care about. If you don't
use the GUI, (and this is the better alternative), you can the hbond
interaction lists back as an output. Take a look at the documentation
for the "measure hbonds" command
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node136.html), read it
thoroughly, and then you can use the simultaneous list comparisons like
Axel described.

Basically, this is your pseudocode:
-Make your selections (one each for protein, DNA, and water)
-Iterate through your trajectory
--update the frame each selection is using (eg. $sel frame $i)
--get the list of hbond interactions at each frame (using measure hbonds
repeatedly to catch all the different permutations)
--check the lists that are returned to see if a water molecule appears
to interact both with protein and DNA simultaneously.
--write out your results to a file

If you need help filling in the details, make a solid attempt first so
we have code to work with, and then the list can make suggestions if
appropriate.

-Josh Vermaas