From: Justin Gullingsrud (jgulling_at_mccammon.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 08:18:16 CST

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 06:11:40PM +0900, DongHoon Chung wrote:
> Hello..
>
> I would like to color atoms based on the distance from the specific point,
> not from the center of the molecule as POS method. And also I would like to
> make color scale or change in that method or POS method too, like GRASP
> z-depth cueing. Any suggestion will be helpful.

You can do this in VMD 1.8.1 and later as follows:

 - Select Color by position (POS).
 - In the Trajectory tab, click on "Update Color Every Frame" so it's
   highlighted.
 - In the Mouse pulldown menu, choose Move->Molecule. You can now move
   the molecule around with the mouse and see the colors change on the
   fly.

Hope this helps,
Justin