From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_mpi-bpc.mpg.de)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 07:33:52 CST

Dear VMD community,
   Is there a way to use VMD only as a command line interface??? What I
am trying to do is to set a shell script for some analysis. In this
shell script I need VMD first to do some splitting (via its Tcl
interface) and then I use some other commands to process the files
created by VMD.
  By default the shell takes subsequent commands without waiting for VMD
to finish its job.
   So I would like to avoid this behaviour and subsequent commands to be
taken only after vmd has finished its job and also I would like to get
rid of the graphical interface. In other words I would like to use vmd
as a normal shell command.
  Is there a way to instruct VMD to behave like this?
Thank you very much
vlad

--
Vlad Cojocaru