From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2014 - 17:30:44 CST

Hi,
  I've now had several other people also suggest that this is useful
for clearly differentiating metal surfaces, and that's a good enough
rationalization for me to put in the necessary work. I will see if I
can get this enabled before the VMD 1.9.2 release. I'll let people
know when I have a test build that includes this.