From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2014 - 11:43:28 CST

Hi,
  I haven't significantly changed the VMD netcdf plugin since
AMBER 9/10 first began supporting NetCDF. I just googled for
their format spec and it does look like they have indeed updated
it as part of their AMBER 13/14 development:
  http://ambermd.org/netcdf/nctraj.xhtml

Since I hadn't heard of this change before now (I wish we'd get
some warning from the AMBER developers about these sorts of changes),
I'll have to read their updated format spec and see how easy it is to
add support for their restart format.

If you can provide some example AMBER 14 restart files, that would be
very helpful. If they are small you can email them to me directly,
if they are large then it would be best if you can post them somewhere
where I can download them.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/