From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2014 - 11:28:35 CDT

Hi,
  You can just delete this line from your configure script:
"-gencode arch=compute_10,code=sm_10 "

Your K4000 is a Kepler (compute 3.x) so this won't affect you at all.

The latest versions of CUDA no longer support compute capability 1.0
hardware (e.g. G80 chips, such as GeForce 8800 GTX, Tesla D870, and so on).
I may go ahead and change the VMD build scripts so that we only
support compute capability 1.3 (GT200) and later, which are the first GPUs
that supported double-precision arithmetic.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/