From: Eric Smoll (ericsmoll_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2014 - 13:01:57 CDT

Hello John,

Unfortunately, large black filled cylinders also refuse to show up with
povray. My issue goes beyond infinitesimal width of a line.
Interesting, when I visualize the bounds of my system with thick blue
"lines" (perhaps they are cylinders) drawn with "pbc box", povray has no
problem rendering this.

Notes on the commands I am using:

I set the color with "graphics top color 16". This shows up as black in my
opengl window.

I draw each cylinder with "graphics top cylinder {# # #} {# # #} radius 0.5
filled yes resolution 100"

I render the image with "render POV3 name.pov povray +W# +H# -Itest.pov
-Otest.png +D +X +A +FN"

Also note that I set the color and draw the cylinders by calling a tcl
function.

Best,
Eric