From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2014 - 16:31:42 CDT

Hi Chaya,
What's you VMD version? Carbohydrate atomtypes are often longer than 4
characters, and in VMD 1.9.1, long atomtypes would also cause psfgen to
choke (it would truncate them down to 4, which would cause problems).
That has been fixed in 1.9.2b1 to the best of my knowledge, so if you
aren't using the latest beta, that is likely the issue.
-Josh Vermaas