From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2014 - 16:09:00 CDT

Hi Chaya,

psfgen and stream files never liked one another very much, usually since
there are CHARMM commands (set, read, if statements, etc.) in stream
files that psfgen doesn't understand (psfgen expects topology files, not
mixed ones). What I do is strip those commands out and make a new "pure"
topology file that lacks these commands and the parameters. I'm super
suspicious as to what selective stream files worked fine, because this
is what a session with an unadulterated toppar file looks like using the
most recent beta:

psfgen) reading topology file toppar_all36_lipid_cholesterol.str

psfgen) Toppar stream file for cholesterol. Stream following reading of
psfgen) top_all36_lipid.rtf
psfgen) par_all36_lipid.rtf
psfgen) top_all36_cgenff.rtf
psfgen) and par_all36_cgenff.prm
psfgen)
psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE SET
psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE SET
psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE IF
psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE READ
psfgen) Topology for cholesterol
psfgen)
psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE 31
psfgen) skipping statements at end of file due to end or return statement

-Josh