From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 10:54:22 CST

Sanjeev,
  It _doesn't_ load as a single PDB, but if you re-read some of the
previous responses to your original email, there are ways to visualize
it as if it were. You can use the "draw multiple frames" feature in
VMD 1.8.2 to display all of the frames simultaneously, so even though
VMD loads it as a trajectory, that's a quick-and-dirty way of seeing
the whole virus. If you really want them loaded as a single structure,
I have a script that uses psfgen to merge multiframe structures like
these into a single structure. The PDB posts these as multiframe PDBs
because they can't make a legal PDB file of the full virus otherwise,
since there are far more than 99,999 atoms. If you decide you really
want to merge them into a single structure via psfgen, you'll need
quite a bit of memory however. (around 2GB of memory as I recall..)
(the psfgen script adds the missing hydrogens too..)