From: Aref Takiden (aref.takiden_at_mailbox.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2014 - 02:55:30 CDT

Hello all,

@Dennis: sorry for the email yesterday X_x
However, it didn’t worked either, i.e I got only the half of the frames in vmd in spite of that in the collective-pdbs file I find all gathered pdbs.
The Code I used is:

import re
import os

path = "choose the directroy you want" + "/"

if os.path.exists(path+"collection"):
    os.remove(path+"collection")
else:
    pass

files = []
for f in os.listdir(path):
    files.append(f)

read = []
#counter for the pdb-files
i=0
for f in files:
    # read each file
    inf = open(path+f,"r")
    for l in inf:
        if re.match(r'^ATOM\s+|^TER\s+',l,re.M):
            read.append(l)
    inf.close()

    # write each read file into the output-file
    ouf = open(path+"collection","a")
    ouf.write("MODEL "+str(i)+"\n")
    for l in read:
        ouf.write(l)
    ouf.write("ENDMDL\n")
    ouf.close()
    i += 1

@Maxim: animatepdbs.tcl didn’t work. It seems that the number of the atoms has to be constant in the pdbs. However, in my case the atoms number is not constant.

ERROR) Error reading optional structure information from coordinate file 4.pdb
ERROR) Will ignore structure information in this file.
Info) Using plugin pdb for coordinates from file 4.pdb
ERROR) Incorrect number of atoms (26049) in
ERROR) coordinate file 4.pdb

Best regards,
Aref