From: Ebert Maximilian (m.ebert_at_umontreal.ca)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2014 - 13:58:58 CDT

Hi,

I will try to make it more clear. I have a trajectory with 10000 frames of a protein with a substrate. I am interested in the position of the substrate. If it is at a certain distance of the protein I want to store its position and display it later. My idea was to write a TCL script which checks in every frame the relative position of the substrate to the protein. This is working fine. I have a script which aligns the system and runs through every frame and checks the relative position. What I did if the relative position indicates that the substrate is at an interesting distance to the protein I safe the substrate by using:

set plm($i) [atomselect top "resname PLM" frame now]

At the end I have an array full of positions of my substrate from different frames. Now I want to go to frame 0 and write out all the substrate position to the main screen. This would superimpose on the protein all the different substrate orientations which meet my criteria. Basically I want the substrate position from different frames all drawn in frame 0 based on a distance criteria. This should look similar to what you get if you go to representations -> trajectory -> Draw multiple frames. I could also use the:

mol drawframes top 0 {1 4 6 7 ….}

Command but when working with multiple DCD files this approach isn’t working.

Thanks,

Max