From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 17:24:45 CST

Josh,
  I recognize the OpenGL error messages you're getting. Those are
caused by using the XFree86 DRI drives for the ATI card in your
machine. I believe that if you go and download an XFree86 driver
from ATI's web site, and get it installed, your problems will go away.
This cured several other people's problems as well. While you're at it,
you should file a bug-report with the XFree86 guys since their driver
clearly fails on the Vertex Array calls OpenGL used by VMD.

Once you get the real ATI drivers on the Fedora machine it should work fine.

Thanks,