From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2014 - 15:25:42 CDT

Hi,
  The install error you saw is looking for the Tachyon binary, which
would normally be included irrespective of whether LIBTACHYON is used.
You can safely ignore that error if you're not using Tachyon.
The real issue is that the installation directory didn't seem to
have the vmd_LINUXAMD64 binary, which means that either you got the
install paths mixed up in the configure script, or it didn't get copied
in during the in make and subsequent install phases. Check to see if it
at least got compiled or not.

Cheers,
  John