From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2014 - 12:58:37 CDT

Hi,
  Please have a look at the attached example scripts that implement many
of the popular color scales from Matlab. You can 'source' the script, and
then set the color scale by calling the procs therein, such as:
  matlab_colorscale jet 0 64
  matlab_colorscale hot
  matlab_colorscale hsv 1 32

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/