From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 16:30:39 CST

Hi,
  Sounds like your Gentoo might have out-of-date OpenGL headers..
(or maybe they are actually Mesa headers rather than the official
 ARB OpenGL header files?)
You can get the current OpenGL header files here:
  http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/sdk.html

The options you have below are pretty decent to start out with.
When you successfully build VMD with those, we can worry about enabling
more options sometime after that.

You don't want to use the "FLTKOPENGL" compile option, just use OPENGL.