From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 10:40:01 CST

Sasidhar,
  I see what you mean. I spent some time playing with this today
and while it appears to work ok for large structures, it does seem to
have some inconsistencies when I use a very small structure such as
the "alanin.pdb" that we provide as an example with VMD. I'll contact
the author of that extension and let him know that there are some bugs
that need fixing there. While some of the extensions are maintained
by the VMD team, others have been developed by people in their limited
free time, this is one of those. I can't make any promise as to when
it'll be fixed since we aren't maintaining it, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,