From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 10:32:22 CST

Marcin,
  You could either modify the radius of the atoms in the molecule, or
another way to do this would be to use the graphics commands
"draw sphere { x y z } radius r" to draw the spheres for yourself.
See the VMD User's guide for more info on this:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node112.html

To modify the atom radii, you'd need to use VMD's 'atomselect' command
similar to this:
  set sel [atomselect top "index 1"]
  $sel set radius 5.0

More atomselect commands are in the User's guide here:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node77.html#table:ug:keywords:cont
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node176.html#ug:topic:atomselect

Thanks,