From: Jeremiah Babcock (zhc605_at_my.utsa.edu)
Date: Tue May 06 2014 - 21:58:36 CDT

Erik,
     I don't have much to add to the experts' opinions already sent, but I
can say that I use a 3 GB GTX 780 and I haven't seen too much of an
improvement from my previous cards, GTX 9800 or AMD 4970 for a single 1080
monitor for the molecular size range you mentioned. Where I do see a
better performance is in rendering. As for comparing NAMD CUDA performance
with 8 cores and the NVIDIA cards, I went from ~0.495 s/step to 0.092
s/step with a 150K system.

Regards,
Jeremiah B.