From: Ashish .Chauniyal (ashishchauniyal_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2014 - 05:39:14 CDT

Dear all,
I am still stuck with what seems to be a very simple issue.
As I said I had two files(very big) , leftside.pdb and rightside.pdb.
I simply want to combine them into a file called combine.pdb and write the
data to a lammps file.
My tcl script and vmd startup log is attached.

regards
Ashish

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Ashish .Chauniyal
> <ashishchauniyal_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use Fedora Linux, in this, as I said I have 16 cores and 32 gb ram.
>
> that is insufficient information. as has been explained in many
> places. please provide the complete startup message in the VMD text
> console.
>
> > At present I am only using half the processors and space, because some
> other
> > program is running already. I need to know that is the only cause for
> this
> > problem is my Memory or could it be something else as well?
>
> of *course* it can be something else. i *already* mentioned that.
>
> how can you expect that somebody helps you, when you don't' pay
> attention to what that person tells you?
>

> --
> Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey_at_gmail.com http://goo.gl/1wk0

  • application/octet-stream attachment: log