From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2014 - 05:26:53 CST

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Daniel Russel <drussel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written a molfile plugin to load our file format into VMD (the plugin
> handles the rmf format for multi resolution models resulting from
> integrative modeling efforts). Overall it works pretty nicely, but if I do
> launch vmd with more than one rmf file on the command line (e.g. more than
> one copy of the same file) or do "Load data into molecule" vmd crashes
> (outside of the plugin code, after running loading the bonds for the second

there is no loading of bonds on the second file/frame.

> file). Opening more than one rmf through the "New Molecule" dialog works
> fine.
>
> I'm not entirely sure where to go about debugging this, and wasn't able to
> find much info on what, if anything, plugins are supposed to do to support

there is some online documentation of molfile plugins on the VMD home
page. have you looked at it? other than that, read the source...

> this. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks very much.

the code looks needlessly complex and is quite hard to read due to
excessive use of c++ features.

the stack trace shows a crash in the dtrplugin not your plugin.

axel.