From: James Marsh (jimatthediner_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2013 - 03:09:29 CST

Hi there,

I¹m trying to install the Dowser plugin in VMD with great difficulty and
would appreciate some help.

When I try and run Dowser in VMD it is terminated immediately and in my
terminal window I get the message:

"DOWSER: Undefined variable²

>From what I can gather this has to do with executing ³source
/usr/local/initial/dowserinit² properly when installing Dowser. I guess I am
not doing this correctly, which probably has more to do with my very limited
knowledge of command line tools and scripting.

I realise this issue has been raised before here, and trust me, I¹ve read
them all! But still no luck. If someone would kindly run me through how to
properly install the Dowser plugin, that would be really, really helpful.
I¹m using a Mac (Terminal), if that helps.

Many thanks for your assistance,

Jim