From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2013 - 17:39:20 CST

Hi,
  You can either use the VMD "display resize" command to set the
resolution when the .dat files are generated initially, or you can
run the standalone Tachyon on an existing .dat file, and add the
"-res" command line parameter to override the resolution, e.g.:
  tachyon [other parms] -res 1920 1080

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/