From: Chris Knorowski (cdknorow_at_iastate.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2013 - 15:44:53 CDT

Thanks Axel,

The problem is I am rotating the screen, the planes that I would like to
cut are not necessarily in the x,y,z direction. Using the clipping tool
you can set it so that the normal to view is clipped but it is just not
very easy to line up correctly. Its much easier to line it up so that the
plane I want to clip is perpendicular to the view (in orthographic). I can
calculate the vector to clip but it isn't straightforward to do, especially
when I want to do it on a lot of differently oriented crystals. I guess I'm
asking if there is a command that outputs what the current north, south or
east vector in the display window is.

Thanks,
Chris