From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2013 - 12:48:06 CDT

You need to give catdcd a PDB or PSF or something similar that contains
the atom names, otherwise it doesn't know what the name/type of
each atom is, and it can't fill out the first field of the XYZ
file. The DCD file contains no atom names, only coordinates, that's why
you need to give catdcd another file containing structure info...

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/