From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 10:50:37 CST

Dear Jui-Hua,
  You are correct that VMD uses the bonding information from the
first frame. To avoid this problem, I'd recommend loading these
structures as separate molecules. They should then display the
way you expect, but in order to toggle them on and off, you'll
want to use the "D" toggle on their respective molecule browser
status lines. Let us know if you need more help.