From: Anne Dara Bowen (anne.dara_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2013 - 10:51:22 CDT

Hello,

I have been trying to submit a parallel batch render (via sge on a linux cluster) using tachyon using a command like:

/share/apps/vmd/1.9/lib/tachyon_LINUXAMD64 -trans_vmd +V -fullshade -aasamples 12 -rescale_lights 0.3 -add_skylight 1.0 /fullpath/test.00000.dat -o /fullpath/test.00000.tga

I am specifying the number of nodes/cores in the qsub script but each time only one node is used (output using the verbose +V option...CPU Information: Node 0: 8 CPUs, CPU Speed 1.00, Node Speed 8.00 Name: c206-110.longhorn Total CPUs: 8 Total Speed: 8.000000) regardless of how many nodes I submit it to…and will still specify 8 CPUs even when I only submit the job using 1,2 or 4 cores.

Is there something I am doing incorrectly or that I need to add?

 (I have also tried to submit the render with the flavor of mpirun the machine I am using likes: e.g. mpirun /share/apps/vmd/1.9/lib/tachyon_LINUXAMD64 therestoftheoptionsthesame and also playing with the -numthreads option but this seems to have no effect)

Thank you,
Anne