From: Gordon Wells (gordon.wells_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2013 - 14:08:40 CDT

Hi Alex

My apologies for not posting the output, but I didn't see anything
indicating that it wasn't picking up the card since it indicated CUDA
capability and GLSL rendering was available. The nvidia module was loaded
with xorg.conf unchanged

I nonetheless just found the fix, I need to rerun
> eselect opengl set 1

which selects nvidia over x11. I'm not sure why it reverted, but that's a
gentoo problem

thanks again

-- max(∫(εὐδαιμονία)dt)

Dr Gordon Wells