From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2013 - 11:45:46 CDT

Tom,
  The "waitfor 1" just tells VMD to wait until 1 frame has been loaded.
The "waitfor 0", tells it not to wait at all.
The "waitfor -1" is another way of saying "waitfor all".
Any number N >= 1 tells VMD to wait for that many (N) frames
to be loaded before going back to processing user inputs, scripts, etc...

Cheers,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/