From: francesco oteri (francesco.oteri_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2013 - 09:24:32 CDT

Actually I found the good tool thank to the Chimera mailing list:

-------------------------------------
PDBsum "protein" pages show topology per domain, and these images can be
downloaded. Example:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/thornton-srv/databases/cgi-bin/pdbsum/GetPage.pl?pdbcode=2gbp&template=protein.html&r=wiring&l=1&chain=A
There is also a webserver for generating PDBsum-like analyses for
structures that are not already in PDB, which would presumably include the
diagram generation. Not useful for high-throughput, of course...
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/thornton-srv/databases/pdbsum/Generate.html
( found via this post
http://www.mail-archive.com/ccp4bb@jiscmail.ac.uk/msg26321.html )

I found TopDraw, which is a really a sketchpad, so you still have to do a
lot yourself.
http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/html/topdraw.html

There is a server for a more recent program, pro-origami, but at least in
my few tests the results were bad.
http://munk.csse.unimelb.edu.au/pro-origami/

Another program TOPS isn't quite what we want (triangles and circles, not
strands and cylinders), plus the website seems to be gone now anyway.

There is a whole additional category of programs that draw "bead necklace"
diagrams, often in relationship to a membrane, also not what we want. (for
example, RbDe, TOPO2, ...)

Francesco

--
Cordiali saluti, Dr.Oteri Francesco