From: Juan Alfredo Freites (jfreites_at_ea.nacs.uci.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 23:16:38 CST

Hello,

With 1.8.1 I was able to run vmd in my linux box from my Mac with no
particular setting other than allowing X11 forwarding. With 1.8.2
everything is fine as long as I don't display the molecule in the graphics
display window. If I try to display anything vmd runs very very slow.
I have no problems running vmd 1.8.2 in the linux box itself.

The issue is not that I'm running remotely because I'm talking about local
network, and I was doing fine with 1.8.1

I'm using redhat 9 on the linux side and 10.2.8 on the mac side.

Thanks.

--
J. Alfredo Freites
Department of Physics