From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 03 2013 - 17:24:53 CDT

Hi,
  It appears that your OpenGL driver has gotten damaged somehow.
This error message from VMD indicates there is some serious problem
with your OpenGL driver install:
   ERROR) The X server does not support the OpenGL GLX extension. Exiting
I would recommend reading the other recent VMD posts about
OpenGL drivers on ubuntu since others have had similar problems.