From: Paweł Kędzierski (pawel.kedzierski_at_pwr.wroc.pl)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2013 - 09:25:50 CDT

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for prompt answer.

W dniu 28.03.2013 14:03, Mayne, Christopher G pisze:
> Updates of geometry (PDB file) and charge (PSF file) are done directly in their respective tabs. The "Update Parameter File with Optimized Parameters" is only used when updating bonds, angles, and dihedrals, after optimization. Note that the "Optimization LOG File" required there is the log file written by ffTK, which contains a portion at the end denoted by "FINAL PARAMETERS" tag, NOT a Gaussian log file.
Ooops, I missed this detail, sorry.
In the mean time I have progressed a bit but now I am getting errors
parsing Gaussian log files from QMtool.
I know that Gaussian people are often playing tricks with their log
files as I have my own script parsers which break from one version to
another. And I already found one such bug (patch attached) but now I
have problems with hessian parser which seem more involved.
Could you advice which version of Gaussian is recommended/best tested
with FFTK and the plugins it depends on? I have some choice at our
computing center and I would like first make myself familiar with fftk
rather than chasing parsing bugs without good understanding of tcl.

> I strongly suggest viewing the screencasts available on the documentation page: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/fftk
I did. I just need to get thorough the tricky details. BTW, you did an
excellent piece of work.
Greetings,
Pawel