From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2013 - 08:03:11 CDT

Updates of geometry (PDB file) and charge (PSF file) are done directly in their respective tabs. The "Update Parameter File with Optimized Parameters" is only used when updating bonds, angles, and dihedrals, after optimization. Note that the "Optimization LOG File" required there is the log file written by ffTK, which contains a portion at the end denoted by "FINAL PARAMETERS" tag, NOT a Gaussian log file.

I strongly suggest viewing the screencasts available on the documentation page: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/fftk

Christopher Mayne