From: Albert (mailmd2011_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2013 - 01:35:26 CST

Hello guys:

  I am compiling VMD in my Linux OS and it goes well. However, each time
when VMD start, it claimed:

The irspecgui package could not be loaded:
The multiseq package could not be loaded:
The pmepot_gui package could not be loaded:
The autoionizegui package could not be loaded:
The solvate package could not be loaded:
The autopsf package could not be loaded:
The cggui package could not be loaded:
The dowser_gui package could not be loaded:
The chirality_gui package could not be loaded:
The cispeptide_gui package could not be loaded:
The forcefieldtoolkit package could not be loaded:
The membrane package could not be loaded:
The mergestructs package could not be loaded:
The molefacture package could not be loaded:
The mutator package could not be loaded:
The paratool package could not be loaded:
The autoimd package could not be loaded:

It seems that VMD don't find the path of some plugin. Here are the steps how I compile it

First I compiled the plugin by command:

make LINUXAMD64

after that I make three directory in VMD main source code folder:

/soft/vmd-1.9.1.src/plugins/include
/soft/vmd-1.9.1.src/plugins/LINUXAMD64
/soft/vmd-1.9.1.src/plugins/noarch

and copy related files from compiled plugin into those three directories. Then I compile VMD:

  by command compiling VMD:

  ./configure LINUXAMD64 OPENGL FLTK TK CUDA IMD LIBSBALL XINERAMA XINPUT
LIBTACHYON VRPN NETCDF TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY SILENT

cd src
make
make install

There is no errors during compiling, but it always claimed above mentioned log.
So I am wondering how should we specify and configure the plugin path correctly so that VMD
can find them?

thank you very much
best
Albert