From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2012 - 23:50:34 CST

Hi,
  I've been out of town traveling and was then out sick for several
days, so I haven't been able to get you a build yet. I have a number of
special VMD builds to do for people. You can also of course compile VMD
from source code yourself, and turn on the experimental SpaceNavigator code
if you're familiar with programming and building software on MacOS X.
The compilation flag you need to add to your VMD configure.options file
for MacOS X builds is TDCONNEXION. If you aren't able to compile for
yourself, then I'll see if I can get to it in the next week or two.
It turns out that my previous attempt to build you a test version was
thwarted because the machine I used to do VMD builds on that also had
the 3-D Connexion drivers installed isn't running anymore, and to do a
test build I will have to setup the 3-D Connexion development tools on
a new machine before I can even get started... If you have the development
libraries on your Mac, you should be able to do a VMD build yourself just
by adding that TDCONNEXION flag to the VMD configure.options settings.