From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2012 - 09:49:32 CDT

Hi,
  In general, there's not normally a way to decompose a binary into its
component object files, replace a single object file, and then re-link
it into an executable again. I could definitely see where such a feature
might be nice, but the other problem one would have is that even if it were
possible to do this, it wouldn't be possible to do it with mismatched versions
of the compilers and libraries.

If I may ask, why are you changing Surf.C? If you tell me more about
what you're trying to do, there may be an easier way to accomplish it...