From: Joakim Swedberg (j.swedberg_at_imb.uq.edu.au)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2012 - 21:48:38 CDT

Dear VMD users,

I'm trying to disable CUDA in VMD 1.9.1 so I can run many parallel
processes. I have been following the previously posted instructions on the
mailing list for VMD 1.9
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/19227.html) by
putting the commands bellow in the vmd.csh and vmd.sh files, presuming that
/bin/bash is the /bin/vmd.sh file

/bin/csh syntax:

  setenv VMDNOCUDA 1

/bin/bash syntax:

  export VMDNOCUDA=1

It seemed to work fine before on VMD 1.9 using the above commands, but now
in VMD 1.9.1., VMD is still creating a CUDA device pool and crashes when I
run several VMD processes.

Am I not doing it right?

Thanks

Joakim Swedberg
BSc (Honours) PhD

Research Officer

David Craik's Group

  _____

Institute for Molecular Bioscience
The University of Queensland:

Building 80, Services Road
St Lucia
Queensland 4059
Australia

Phone: +61 (0)413 165 805
Email: <mailto:j.swedberg_at_imb.uq.edu.au> j.swedberg_at_imb.uq.edu.au

 <http://www.ihbi.qut.edu.au/> http://www.imb.uq.edu.au/

  _____

 "Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee
and may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately."

image001.jpg