From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2012 - 21:33:39 CDT

Sam,
  I have a small change I can make to the VMD code that I'd like you to test.
It will likely cure the handle count issue you're seeing, but that may
or may not cure the larger symptom you describe. I can probably have a
new Windows test build ready in the next couple of days after I make
sure the change doesn't cause other problems on the older revs of Windows.